Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Syntax/Perspective

It's funny how the use of words or misuse of them affect different listeners and/or readers to varying degrees. Like putting your "PIN number" in the "ATM machine" Really? It's putting your pin in the atm for cryin' out loud! Ok that's my morning rant.
That aside, we're inching closer to the weekend, yay! Hallelujah! And all that? I trust your week has been good up to this point. I'm just kind of getting back into the routine of "putting it down," in textual sense that is. Have a good morning/afternoon/or evening peeps, whichever applies only to you.

As for perspective, it's also interesting to look at people's contrasting viewpoints on winter all throughout the land. I hear friends in the southeastern United States talking of the blizzards and whiteouts that they're experiencing. So here's the picture, here fifty-six kilometres above the arctic circle the temp has dropped a few times to negative thirty, that's over sixty degrees below freezing. And we've received maybe three or four feet of snow this season. With all that said, these three winters that we've been up here have been very mild. That's right, the temps have NOT made it to minus seventy, with 100mph winds, and up to six or seven feet of snow.

And when I throw out the term whiteout, that's having to put on a face shield, several layers of snow gear from head to toe just to get to the jeep, that is if I can see to get to it. So does this mean that my peers in the south don't know what they're talking about when they mention blizzards and white outs and all. NOPE! Though our perspectives differ greatly, how we feel doesn't. I hope all my friends spread throughout the southeast stay warm, toasty, and safe. Peace out ☃


No comments: